MEET THE TEAM
Anita is one of the co-owners of the D-O-G Grooming Studio, a successful dog grooming salon and training center. Upon completing her grooming training back in 2006 she had worked in a busy grooming salon in West London for just over 3 years and then returned to her training center where she had worked for 6 years as a qualified dog grooming teacher and assessor for the City & Guilds Level 3 Introductory to Dog Grooming Certificate 7763-03. Anita was also awarded a Licentiateship of the City & Guilds Institute (L.C.G.I.) in Dog Grooming back in 2010. Currently Anita is working towards her City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Diploma in Dog Grooming, in which she has already achieved 8 modules out of 9. She has also completed the Level 3 Award in Education and training (PTLLS).
Anita has regularly participated in grooming competitions and has won many awards over the past years including Reserved Best in Show.
• Reserved Best in Show at Premier Groom 2014
• 1st place in experienced poodle group at Premier Groom 2014
• 1st place in the workshop group at Mastergroom 2013
• Best advanced groomer at the English Groomers Challenge 2012
• 1st place in the clipped terrier group at The English Groomers Challenge 2012
• 1st place in the workshop group at The English Groomers Challenge 2012
• 2nd place in the advanced pot-pouri group at the British Dog Grooming Championships 2011
• 2nd place in the Advanced Gundog class at Premier Groom 2011
• 2nd place in the Gundog class at Mastergroom 2011
• 1st place in the hand strip terrier group at the British Dog Grooming Championships 2010.
• 2nd place in beginner poodle class at the English Groomers Challenge 2010
Peter completed his grooming training back in 2011, achieving the City & Guilds Level 3 Introduction to Dog Grooming Certificate. Peter has spent many years working at different, very busy, London grooming salons before opening the D-O-G Grooming Studio. Peter holds a City & Guilds 7763-03 Level 3 Professional Diploma in Dog Grooming as well as Licentiateship for the City & Guilds Institute (L.C.G.I.).
Peter has been teaching dog grooming alongside Anita since the opening of the school. His experience also includes working with disabled dogs as he has also had the opportunity to work in London’s dog hydrotherapy centres. Peter is a co-owner of the D-O-G Grooming Studio alongside Anita and Alex and so is also a great source of knowledge when it comes to setting up a business from scratch.
Alex is the co-owner of D-O-G Grooming Studio. Having graduated with a BA in Public Relations and Management from University College Kensington, Alex has spent 8 years working as a merchandiser in the fashion industry. In 2011 she decided to pursue her real passion, dog grooming, and trained to become a Professional Dog Groomer. At the end of her course she gained the City & Guilds Level 3 Introductory to Dog Grooming Certificate.
Alex then spent a year working for a busy grooming and doggy day care salon in south west London before returning to her training center, where she started as a dog grooming teaching assistant before becoming a qualified teacher after achieving her City & Guilds 7763-03 Professional Diploma in Dog Grooming. Alex is currently working towards her City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Diploma in Dog Grooming of which she has already completed several modules with distinctions.
Alex also loves competing and over the last few years has won the following awards:
• 1st place in pot-pouri experienced class at the British Dog Grooming Championship 2013
• 3rd place in the pure breed experienced class at the English Groomers Challenge 2013
• 3rd place in the pure breed novice/beginner class at the Mastergroom 2013
• 1st place in the pure breed beginner class at the English Groomers Challenge 2012
• 2nd place in the pure breed scissor newcomer class at the British Dog Grooming Championship 2012
• 1st place in the student team event at the British Dog Grooming Championship 2012